Mr. Jordan Hayes \ English 100 - 1:10 \ Spring 2013


Monday, May 20, 2013

Reflection: Self to World

     I don’t think college should be entirely focused only on the expectations of students. I believe that engaging ourselves in matters concerning the outside world, even if some of us might find them as boring or out of own interests, is part of our education. As college students, we should be willing to go beyond our boundaries in order to learn. In my own experience, college-level writing with a required number of words based on a topic that doesn’t really concern me was extremely challenging during my first semester in college. It was hard at the beginning, but as I continue to come across several assignments in class, I seem to be making some progress on the way I think and write. During a Think/Pair discussion about our levels of difficulty/ease from the opinion column ‘Getting Nearer and Nearer’, I recall my peer saying that he didn’t really understood the whole point of what he read since the topic doesn’t match his own level of interest. I did agree with him, but at the same time, I think it would be fair to give college a better approach by devoting our efforts even if we don’t feel like doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment