Mr. Jordan Hayes \ English 100 - 1:10 \ Spring 2013


Monday, May 20, 2013

Closing Statement

   During my first days in Mr. Hayes’ class, I felt as if the class was going to be tougher and obviously more challenging than my previous English class. The first few assigned works that were given gave me an idea of what to expect in the days to come throughout the semester – Doable, yet quite stressful. Along the way, I was able to see my own improvement in both reading and writing. The bulk of the class consisted of several readings that pushed me to think critically and analyze carefully through and through. I also started to get used to the everyday-homework schedule and be able to manage my time in the most productive manner. The Peer Evaluation and Think/Pair discussions helped during the progress of our essays because each of us acted out as the audience to our peers, judging each other’s essays and giving out essential feedback for improving. Being able to write formally in the higher academic level can be overwhelming, especially when we’re still on the process of adjusting in the “college life”, but when we get to participate actively, devoting our precious time in reading, writing, and listening – we can easily comprehend what we learn inside the classroom and apply it later on in our lives.

    Mr. Hayes is one awesome and respectable professor, and really kind too! He has helped me boost up my confidence in my own works, regardless of whether you are non-native speaker or one who only uses English as his/her second language. There may have been a series of day-to-day assigned readings and homework, but in the end, you get to realize that in order for you to learn, you have to be pushed a little harder to be able to think deeper. Thank you, Jordan!



No comments:

Post a Comment